The Next Big Thing

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Parsley Sage Rosemary and Thyme

Parsley Sage Rosemary and Thyme
by Christopher j. Bradley
(c)2006 July 12

Its 18 years later and I still can't forget you,
Every time I see a flashback from the 60s its you standing there,
swinging your brown hair over the wishing well,
turning around to laugh and kiss me in that instant of sunshower.

You are still there,
So are country joe and the fish,
And hendrix,
and everyone else on those tapes,
Those crusted old cassettes that you lent me.

It was the summer of 69 in 88,
something that I can never duplicate,
And it left - literally left me reeling for years,
Especially over the fact that I don't know you anymore,
not the way I'd have liked to,

Not locked in an endless intimate embrace foreverheld,
while Simon and Garfunkel sang their odes,
To the night of Graffiti,
in the City, of Kodachrome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home